Loving God, Loving People
Cornerstone Nashville is a diverse community of people committed to attracting, winning, developing, and empowering people to celebrate the life changing presence of Jesus Christ in their lives.
The ministries of Cornerstone Nashville are designed to attract those searching for meaning and purpose in their lives, introducing them to the saving power of Jesus Christ, providing a path to living victoriously through Him, and empowering them for service and leadership in their church, community and nation.
Philosophy of Ministry
Our purpose is to attract and win people to Christ, to develop them to Christ-like maturity, and to empower them for meaningful ministry.
We are a community of Christian believers based on Scriptural principles including:
“…upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” – Matthew 16:18 (KJV)
“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” – Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)
We exist to:
1. Communicate God’s Word through our words and lives – Evangelism (Acts 1:8, II Peter 3:9, Matthew 24:14)
2. Celebrate God’s presence as we gather together and as we go out into the world – Worship (Matthew 4:10, John 4:23-24, Psalm 122:1)
3. Assimilate God’s family with service to others – Ministry (Galatians 6:10, Acts 2:42, Romans 12:3-8)
4. Educate God’s people through teaching and example – Discipleship (Hebrews 6:1, Ephesians 4:11-13, II Peter 3:18)
5. Demonstrate God’s love by regularly gathering together – Fellowship (II Corinthians 8:4, Galatians 2:9, I John 1:7)